The key to staying motivated is finding something you enjoy, which is why we offer a huge range of classes for all ages and fitness levels at The Kensington Community and Recreation Centre.
We offer over 30 classes throughout the week, in studios, water and outdoors. Members and non-members are welcome to participate in Group Fitness classes.
Adrenaline is a structured workout that is designed to push you to your limits to help you achieve your results FAST. Adrenaline involves a combination of Functional Training & High Intensity Interval Training. In adrenaline there is a massive emphasis on teaching movements, doing the workout, then beating your own score.
A whole body gentle conditioning workout to improve overall strength, particularly the core muscles. Aqua Aerobics is is a water based class that is suitable for all levels as it is conducted with background music. Due to the in-water nature of the class this class reduces bodyweight and allows participants to complete movements in water that they wouldn’t necessarily be able to do on land.
A pre-choreographed weights to music class using plates and barbells. One of the most popular classes in the world! If you don’t have time to do your own weights program, step right up to this class and enjoy exhilarating total body workout! BodyPump™ Express is a 30 minute format.
A pre-choreographed high intensity workout which is both very simple and extremely effective. High in inspiration and athleticism to improve your co-ordination and stamina whilst helping you to achieve your fitness goals. BodyAttack™ Express is a 30 minute format.
A mat-based class that focuses on improving balance, flexibility, coordination, and core strength through the fundamental principles of Pilates.
Freestyle stationary cycle workout will build endurance and provides great cardiovascular training. Our classes are led by our expert fitness instructors and provide a fun group environment and ever changing scenery and challenges.
Recharge, revitalize and relax with Yoga. Allow your spine to become stronger and learn how to strengthen posture and improve flexibility.
- Please arrive on time, no late entry will be permitted into classes
- Be prepared with your workout gear, towel and water bottle
- Be respectful and supportive of your fellow participants and our talented instructors
- Be upfront with your instructor about any physical limitations or injuries you may have, especially if you're pregnant
- Let the instructor know if it’s your first time in a fitness class
- The minimum age to attend group fitness is 12 years
- The minimum age to attend Adrenaline HIT, Boxing and Pump is 18 years
- If you need to leave early, do so in a way that won’t impact others or the flow of the class
- Put equipment away after the class
How to Join a Class
Even if you're not a member, you are still welcome to join our classes.
- Collect a ticket from customer service
- Ticket collection opens 90 minutes before the class start time and closes 5 minutes before the class start time
- One ticket per person, per class, until all tickets are allocated
- Hold onto your ticket until the instructor collects it
Group Fitness Class - Adult $19.90 Group Fitness Class - Student $17.40 Group Fitness Class - Concession $15.10