We are excited to be restarting our Swimming Lessons program from Monday 16th November 2020
Our COVID-safe practices and revised lesson plans have ensured we can provide the safest program possible for our staff and swimmers.
We’ve taken some time to reshape our program timetable, ensuring our Swimming Lessons students are ready to achieve their best and progress as we dive into warmer weather. If you recently completed an expression of interest form you will have received a confirmation email with all the details you need to return to Swimming Lessons.
General return information:
- Please only arrive at the centre a couple of minutes prior to your class time.
- Only one supervising adult should accompany each swimmer to their lesson.
- We ask that swimmers please come prepared to swim by wearing bathers when they arrive.
- All members, guests and staff will be required to undergo a temperature check on arrival. We cannot allow entry to anyone with a temperature 38 degrees or above.
- Please bring a filled water bottle, as the water fountain may not be available.
- Children must stay with their supervising adult until they are called to their class location for commencement. Swimming before or after lessons is not permitted at this time.
- If your child is unwell or has been in contact with a confirmed case of COVID-19, please do not attend your scheduled class and contact the centre immediately.
Feel free to come into the centre and speak to one of our customer service officers, or call the centre to determine the right level for your child’s lessons. We also offer free, no obligation swimming assessments to determine which class is right for you (no assessment required for infant classes).
For more information, or to register your interest in swimming lessons, fill out in the enquiry form on this page and one of our friendly customer service team will be in touch.
Fees are paid fortnightly by direct debit. No lock-in contracts. 14 days written notice are required to cancel.
Price per lesson Standard Rate $17.70
Start-up Fee $33.00 per child*
Students do not have to pay the start-up fee if they rejoin within six months of cancelling*
Fees effective 1 July 2021 – 30 June 2022. All centre fees and charges undergo an annual pricing review
Program and Safety Requirements
Infant and Preschool lessons
- Babies must be at least 6 months old
- Children in nappies must wear aqua nappies that are tight fitting around the thighs (you can buy them in centre)
- Parents should bring bathers during the first few lessons, in case the child gets upset and needs support in the water
All child lessons
- Bring bathers, towel, goggles (recommended, not required for infant classes) and dry clothes
- Come to the edge of the pool at the start of the lesson and directly hand over your child to the teacher
- Watch the lesson
- Stay as close as possible to the lesson (for example, by sitting in the chairs around the pool)
- Come to the edge of the pool at the end of the lesson and collect your child
- Photos are only allowed in the pool area with prior arrangement (never in the change room area). See our FAQs page for more information.
To provide a safe environment for your child, parents/carers must stay in the pool with infants for the whole lesson.
Watch Around Water policy
Children under 12 must be supervised by an adult, and children younger than five require an adult within arm’s reach. All parents, guardians and carers must comply with our Watch Around Water policy.
Adults must be over the age of 17 to supervise children and can supervise a maximum of 2 children under 6 y.o. and 4 children ages from 6-12 y.o.