Specifically designed for preschool children, these classes give children the opportunity to be independent and promote water skills. Students are introduced to kicking, breathing, floating, submerging, safety and early stroke development. Children learn to become more independent in the water and develop important water survival skills.
Children will learn skills in:
- Body orientation
- Propulsion and submersion
- Basic stroke development
- Personal and water safety.
Our swimming teachers
Our teachers are AUSTSWIM and CPR accredited, and provide a safe, social and encouraging learning environment.
Teachers assess and progress children through the program levels, based on their individual ability.
Swimming Lesson Information
Please select lesson type *
Feel free to come into the centre and speak to one of our customer service officers, or call the centre to determine the right level for your child’s lessons. We also offer free, no obligation swimming assessments to determine which class is right for you (no assessment required for infant classes).
For more information, or to register your interest in swimming lessons, fill out in the enquiry form on this page and one of our friendly customer service team will be in touch.
Fees are paid fortnightly by direct debit. No lock-in contracts. 14 days written notice are required to cancel.
Price per lesson Standard Rate $17.50
Start-up Fee $33.00 per child*
Students do not have to pay the start-up fee if they rejoin within six months of cancelling*
Fees effective 1 July 2019 – 30 June 2020. All centre fees and charges undergo an annual pricing review
Program and Safety Requirements
Infant and Preschool lessons
- Babies must be at least 6 months old
- Children in nappies must wear aqua nappies that are tight fitting around the thighs (you can buy them in centre)
- Parents should bring bathers during the first few lessons, in case the child gets upset and needs support in the water
All child lessons
- Bring bathers, towel, goggles (recommended, not required for infant classes) and dry clothes
- Come to the edge of the pool at the start of the lesson and directly hand over your child to the teacher
- Watch the lesson
- Stay as close as possible to the lesson (for example, by sitting in the chairs around the pool)
- Come to the edge of the pool at the end of the lesson and collect your child
- Photos are only allowed in the pool area with prior arrangement (never in the change room area). See our FAQs page for more information.
To provide a safe environment for your child, parents/carers must stay in the pool with infants for the whole lesson.
Watch Around Water policy
Children under 12 must be supervised by an adult, and children younger than five require an adult within arm’s reach. All parents, guardians and carers must comply with our Watch Around Water policy.
Adults must be over the age of 17 to supervise children and can supervise a maximum of 2 children under 6 y.o. and 4 children ages from 6-12 y.o.